Saturday, June 04, 2016

Un Gigante de Corazón

En sus propias palabras:


 I am an ordinary man who worked hard to develop the talent I was given.  I sought the advice and cooperation from all of those around me - but not permission. My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world.

 It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. I believed in myself, and I believe in the goodness of others. The man who has no imagination, has no wings. If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it - then I can achieve it.  It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. What keeps me going is goals.

Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer.

He who is not courageous enough to take risks, will accomplish nothing in life.  It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe. A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.


Friendship is not something you learn in schoool. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything. Live every day as if it were your last because some day you're going to be right.

Don't feel sorry for me.

Muhammad Ali (1942 - 2016)